450 resources from more than 50 great schools and districts.
- Ready to go Resources you can use right away.
- Some assembly required Resources you can customize to your school's needs.
- Build your own Resources to spark your curiosity and help you plan for the long term.
Recruit and select candidates that match your school needs.
Develop a teacher selection model based on your school’s definition of effective teaching.
- Hiring Criteria: Select candidates using competencies and strong interviews (Louisiana DOE)
- Hiring Criteria: Evaluate candidates using desired competencies (TNTP)
Craft a rigorous hiring process that incorporates 2-3 high-value selection activities.
- Hiring System Overview: Select candidates using competencies and a rigorous hiring process (TNTP)
- Hiring System Overview: Design a hiring system to match your school culture (Brooke Charters)
Use interview questions which will allow you to assess candidates’ strengths in your desired hiring criteria.
- Interview Questions: Select effective interview questions to evaluate candidates (TNTP)
- Interview Questions: Select effective interview questions to evaluate candidates (DeSoto Parish)
Use a sample lesson evaluation rubric aligned to your desired hiring criteria.
Hire early - ideally by May 1st.
Identify potential vacancies early and start recruiting by March 1st.
- Missed Opportunities Publication: How we keep high-quality teachers out of urban classrooms (TNTP)
- Guidance: Four Tips for a Great Hiring Season (HISD)
Set hiring goals and measure progress towards your goals.
- Hiring System: Track hiring data (Uncommon)
- Hiring System Overview: Design a hiring system to match your school culture (Achievement First)
Screen for the specific skills required for each position in your school.
- Guidance: Avoid These Five Hiring Mistakes (Fast Company)
- Samples: Job Descriptions for All School Staff (Charter School Tools)
Prepare marketing messages to describe why your school is unique.
- Marketing Guide: Communicate your strengths and attract teachers to apply to your school (TNTP)
- Marketing Sample: Recruit teachers using a website (Memphis)
Recruit effective teachers by maintaining positive, consistent contact with strong candidates.
Use your orientation and onboarding process to set accurate expectations for what teachers will experience in your school.
Take ownership of the hiring process for your school.
- Sample: Market Your School to Potential Candidates
- Sample Plan: Strategically Plan Hiring Info Sessions
Begin onboarding new teachers from the offer letter through the first day of school.
Review and reflect on your hiring process and set new goals.
Track hiring data, including the performance of new hires, and use this information to improve your hiring process.