Great teachers deserve recognition and a seat at the table. We are now accepting nominations for the 2016 Fishman Prize.
Nominate a Teacher
Nominate a teacher for the $25,000 Fishman Prize for Superlative Classroom Practice, and the chance to share their knowledge with educators nationwide.
To be eligible for the Fishman Prize, an applicant must:
- Be a current, full-time teacher who is responsible for teaching and assessing at least one class of students for a school year;
- Teach at a public school (including charter schools); and
- Teach at a school where at least 40 percent of all students are eligible for free or reduced-price lunch.
In addition to meeting the above eligibility requirements, successful candidates must demonstrate:
- An extraordinary ability to lead students from all backgrounds to academic excellence;
- A keen understanding of effective instructional practice and an ability to articulate it clearly; and
- A passion for teaching and a deep commitment to advancing the teaching profession.
Applicants do not need to be nominated to be eligible to apply.