In 2014, more than 5,300 people nominated an extraordinary teacher for the $25,000 Fishman Prize.
Nominate a Teacher
Thank you to everyone who took the time to tell a great teacher they matter. Nominations are now closed. Sign up to receive an update when we open the call for nominations in the fall of 2015.
To be eligible for the Fishman Prize, an applicant must:
- Be a current, full-time teacher who is responsible for teaching and assessing at least one class of students for a school year;
- Teach at a public school (including charter schools); and
- Teach at a school where at least 40 percent of all students are eligible for free or reduced-price lunch.
In addition to meeting the above eligibility requirements, successful candidates must demonstrate:
- An extraordinary ability to lead students from all backgrounds to academic excellence;
- A keen understanding of effective instructional practice and an ability to articulate it clearly; and
- A passion for teaching and a deep commitment to advancing the teaching profession.
Applicants do not need to be nominated to be eligible to apply.