450 resources from more than 50 great schools and districts.
Observation and Feedback
- Ready to go Resources you can use right away.
- Some assembly required Resources you can customize to your school's needs.
- Build your own Resources to spark your curiosity and help you plan for the long term.
Observe teachers frequently and consistently through the school year.
Set ambitious goals for the number of observations teachers will receive over the school year.
- The impact of observation frequency on evaluation (TNTP)
- PowerPoint Slide: Increase Frequency to Reduce Stakes (TNTP)
Schedule observation and feedback meetings in your calendar.
- Sample Calendar: Schedule weekly observations and feedback meetings (Achievement Prep)
- Template: Weekly Schedule (Uncommon)
Create structures which support observation blocks as sacred time.
Give teachers high quality feedback after each observation.
Observe teachers with a focused purpose.
Help teachers reflect on the impact of their instructional practice on student outcomes.
- Feedback Meeting Guide: Collaborate with teachers during observation conferences (Sci Academy)
- Feedback Meeting Guide: Support teacher preparation for feedback meetings (Hillsborough)
During feedback meetings, give teachers specific and actionable feedback.
- Feedback Meeting Guide: Prep for feedback meetings following classroom observations (Hillsborough)
- Feedback Meeting Guide: Offer actionable post-observation feedback to teachers (Uncommon)
Provide teachers support to implement action steps delivered during feedback meetings.
Assess how successfully teachers improve instruction via action steps.
Implement a system to track action steps from each observation/feedback cycle.
- Observation Tracking System: Organize teacher observations using a tracking sheet (Uncommon)
- Observation Tracking System: Sample observation tracking sheet - summary page (Uncommon)
Check for implementation of action steps during the next classroom observation.