450 resources from more than 50 great schools and districts.
Managing Teacher Workload
- Ready to go Resources you can use right away.
- Some assembly required Resources you can customize to your school's needs.
- Build your own Resources to spark your curiosity and help you plan for the long term.
Promote long-term sustainability of teachers’ workloads.
Connect teacher efforts to positive student outcomes.
Cultivate a positive learning environment that keeps teachers energized and motivated.
- School Culture Rubric: Assess teacher and student impact on learning environment (Uncommon)
- Staff Handbook: Set clear expectations for staff and students (Soulsville)
Identify and support teachers who struggle to manage their workload.
- Struggling Teacher Tool: Support struggling teachers through mentorship & action plans (Uncommon)
- Article: Simple Teacher Time-Management Tips
Communicate school expectations regarding work hours and teaching loads.
Structure teachers’ schedules in ways that allow them to meet their job expectations.
Evaluate the roles and responsibilities of school staff to ensure that they’re aligned to your school’s definition of effective teaching.
Provide tools to help teachers work smarter rather than harder.
- Case Study: Give Your Teachers Resources to be More Efficient (The Together Teacher)
- Strategies: Managing Teachers’ Workload (online resource)
Develop efficient systems for necessary administrative responsibilities.
Value teachers' time during meetings and development sessions by creating clear meeting agendas and differentiating your information for the audience.