450 resources from more than 50 great schools and districts.
- Ready to go Resources you can use right away.
- Some assembly required Resources you can customize to your school's needs.
- Build your own Resources to spark your curiosity and help you plan for the long term.
Set and maintain consistent expectations and consequences for staff and student behavior.
Create clear, rigorous, school-wide expectations for students and staff members.
- School Culture Rubric: Assess teacher and student impact on learning environment (Uncommon)
- Staff Handbook: Set clear expectations for staff and students (Soulsville)
Ensure that staff and students understand and hold to the school-wide expectations and systems.
- Take action to improve the learning environment (TNTP)
- Sample Commitment to Excellence: Provide teachers, students and parents clear expectations (KIPP)
Support teachers in addressing student misbehavior when they have exhausted classroom consequences.
Build and support a positive and productive learning community.
Engage members of the school community – students, teachers, and parents - in creating a positive learning environment.
- Engage the school community for improvement (TNTP)
- Develop a School-Wide Behavior Management System (online resource)
Identify and empower effective teachers.
- Leadership Development Pathway: Create a teacher-ambassador program in your school (Memphis)
- Article: Engage With Teachers Leaders (T.H.E. Journal)
Celebrate your school's successes.