450 resources from more than 50 great schools and districts.
Family and Community Engagement
- Ready to go Resources you can use right away.
- Some assembly required Resources you can customize to your school's needs.
- Build your own Resources to spark your curiosity and help you plan for the long term.
Identify and articulate your priorities and purpose for family engagement.
Understand your family community’s context and challenges.
Connect your priorities back to your school’s mission and goals.
- Prioritizing the Most Effective Family Engagement Strategies (Flamboyan Foundation)
- Making the Case: The Impact of Family Engagement (Flamboyan Foundation)
Develop an engagement team of administrators, teachers and families.
Monitor engagement performance towards your goals.
Empower teachers as agents of family engagement.
Set clear expectations for communication with families.
- Guidance: Successful Family Engagement in the Classroom (Flamboyan Foundation)
- Guidance: Sharing Student Work With Families (NYC DOE)
Provide professional development for teachers focused on high-value interactions with families.
- Scope and Sequence: Teacher PD on Family Engagement (Flamboyan Foundation)
- Faculty Handbook: Conducting Student-Led Parent Conferences (NYC DOE)
Create structures to support teachers’ engagement with families.
Build clear lines of communication between the school and families.
Share clear expectations for engagement to families.
Establish systems to keep parents informed / up-to-date on important information.